- central service with comprehensive information about availability, quality, use possibilities, terms of delivery and costs of the authoritative basic geodata,
- the harmonization of the geodata sets of the federal states and with that the simplification of the delivery of cross-border data sets,
- the short-term provision of the data in common standard formats in different cartographical projections and geodetic reference systems as well as in arbitrary selections as regards content and desired spatial parts,
- the availability of all spatial data through high-performance standardized web services,
- diverse web applications like Germany-wide interactive maps, search for place names and other geographical objects or coordinate transformation,
- comprehensive online offers for downloads of test data, documentations, map sheet systems, tile overviews and others more,
- the user oriented advice and provision of tools as well as application-specific editings of the data as special services.